REFLECTOR: Gray goo alternative
Brian Michalk
michalk at awpi.com
Wed Dec 1 10:42:15 CST 2010
Second that. I love the West Systems for filling wings with balloons.
Nice white color, sands very well.
We had our wings professionally built by Charlie Gray way back when.
This time, after repairing delams, I used a square aluminum tube as a
straight edge, about 6 feet long. Rub it over the wing to reveal high
spots, and sand there. Our wings are way smoother now than when we got
them the first time.
On 12/1/2010 9:58 AM, Scott Derrick wrote:
> Sorry hit the reply button too soon.
>
> If you not doing structural work, West Systems is carried by most
> Boat, Marine and hobby places and I think HD might carry it. Its
> actually a superior epoxy for fill(micro), sands really easily, and
> duct or non-structural. They have a low temp hardener that works well
> in the winter.
>
> I was told by a Velocity A&P that somebody built a Velocity using West
> Systems.
>
> Scott
>
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Gray goo alternative
> From: Don Johnston <don at numa.aero>
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Date: 12/01/2010 07:51 AM
>> I ran out of Aeropoxy (ES6228). Until the Aircraft Spruce delivery
>> shows up, does anyone know if is there an alternative I can use in
>> the meantime? Preferably something carried at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visithttp://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives:www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives:http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> --
> Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
> Mark Twain
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20101201/1aeb2327/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list