REFLECTOR: CSA and Velocity

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 14 22:12:39 CDT 2009


This subject has passed on but unfortunately I feel my foot in my mouth.  I
made what I thought was a humorous comment about LEZ drivers with one friend
and included myself.  I immediately sent a complimentary email but it did
not go out for reasons only attributable to Dark Energy and alignment of
Black holes somewhere.

I commented that since Jeff had included my name in one of the fellows who
had benefitted from both the reflector and the CSA.  For those who do not
remember or who were not on the list at the time can appreciate my short
story.

Two years ago the Velo was taken on a solo circumnavigation of the border of
the US from Louisiana west then up to Seattle and across to Portland Maine
and down the East coast to home.  I broke a main gear leg and was stranded
on a Friday at 5 PM in Billings, Montana.  With the help of folks like Ken
Baker who gave up his Saturday AM and Ken Mishler, Rich Guerra and Jeff,  I
was able to get a new gear delivered from Florida to Montana and get the
plane flying in 2.5 days with the gear retracting.  They all had a weekend
and family but helped me.

I called the factory but it was closed due to time zones.  I got online and
started the flow of info.  Fellows on the reflector and five more guys from
CSA not only helped me get the replacements but made a total of over 15
phone calls to offer help and fellowship in my stranded condition working
solo around the clock.  The factory reps were at a fly-in in Texas and
Dwayne even called me to promise help when they got back to Florida.

The help was incredible and I can not say enough in thanks to all and to
both groups.

I'm through.  Go back to sanding.

Rene'

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090614/6e9a6c32/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list