REFLECTOR: Used Epoxy Pump

Velocity velocityxl at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 21 11:44:14 CST 2009


I keep the lid on it also but the lid really only keeps stuff from falling in the hardener. 
The extra container sitting on the hardener keeps  the 
evaporation down which thickens the hardener and also limits the amount
of moisture that gets in to the epoxy to turn it dark.

Ron
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Jack Prock 
  To: Velocity ; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:37 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Used Epoxy Pump


  I also keep a tupperware lid on it at all times. I got the kit second hand, and I don't know how
  the hardener was stored before I received it. 

  Jack
    ----- Original Message ----- 
    From: Velocity 
    To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
    Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:06 AM
    Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Used Epoxy Pump


    I have had my pump for 8 years now and have never had to clean it out yet. 
    I keep a Tupperware container sitting on top of the hardener, that way less air can get to the hardener
    seems to have help a lot.

    PS I just used it again two weeks ago and still no problems.

    Ron
      ----- Original Message ----- 
      From: Jack Prock 
      To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
      Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 9:17 PM
      Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Used Epoxy Pump


      Hi Tom,

      I'm not sure where you can find a used one... they must be out there. But for cleaning mine, I use 
      denatured alcohol. Twice since I've owned mine, as my original hardener aged, I've had to clean
      it completely. The hardener just turns to sludge as it starts to age. 

      I've taken the pump apart and let the parts soak in the alcohol, and in about fifteen minutes, I can
      just rub off the sludge. It's a bit of a messy job, but it sure works well afterward. I make sure
      I run some epoxy and hardener through it to flush it, so there is a bit of it wasted. The whole 
      job takes about an hour, so it is not that difficult. And the last time I had to replace a spring 
      inside. I found a good replacement at the Home Depot aviation store. 

      Jack
        ----- Original Message ----- 
        From: Tom Tolton 
        To: reflector at tvbf.org 
        Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:17 PM
        Subject: REFLECTOR: Used Epoxy Pump


        I am looking for a used well maintained Michael's "Sticky  Stuff " Ratio pump for a reasonable price.  Anyone willing to help out?  Also I am looking for suggestions on the best solvent for cleaning up structural epoxy drips. 

         

         



------------------------------------------------------------------------


        _______________________________________________
        To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

        Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
        user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
        Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
        Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 


------------------------------------------------------------------------



        No virus found in this incoming message.
        Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com 
        Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.10/1905 - Release Date: 1/20/2009 2:34 PM



--------------------------------------------------------------------------


      _______________________________________________
      To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

      Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
      user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
      Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
      Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


----------------------------------------------------------------------------


    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------



    No virus found in this incoming message.
    Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com 
    Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.10/1906 - Release Date: 1/21/2009 7:07 AM
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090121/b6a878d8/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list