REFLECTOR: Weighed my airplane today...
Douglas Holub
douglas.holub at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 22:20:10 CST 2009
and it's all good. 1258 lbs without oil, fuel, top coat, interior side panels, and interior headliner. But the best part is that with fuel at worst case C.G. (20 gallons in my case), a 175 lb pilot flying solo puts the C.G. at 119.9 inches. No need for ballast!
Last week I weighed the airplane and found that I would need about 20 lbs of ballast at the canard bulkhead when flying solo, so I bought a bigger nose-mounted battery. It's heavier by 8 lbs, but at least it's useful lead.
I rented the scales from Avery Tools here in Fort Worth. They are calibrated scales designed for weighing race cars. They have a digital read out and work great. $100 per use, and he'll ship them anywhere in the U.S.
Doug Holub
99.9% done, 1% to go
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090120/f9c43126/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list