REFLECTOR: Pitch trim poll

KMis178813 at aol.com KMis178813 at aol.com
Sat Feb 28 13:47:29 CST 2009


Scott
  I have not contacted him about the sticking unit for a couple  reasons. 
First one being that if I had not accidentally held the left trim  button on the 
stick it would have never happened (and I don't think he can fix  Pilot error 
on my part) The other reason is that his trim actuator uses the  clutch drive 
from a drill. If you keep pounding it in on one of the ends I  can't see how 
he would be able to make more power to get the clutch to overcome  what is 
already locked up. I'm a realist, keep your finger off the button and it  would 
not be a problem. How old I don't know, It came in a box of extra parts  from 
"Shazam's" purchase.
      Ken
 
 
In a message dated 2/28/2009 9:46:27 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
scott at tnstaafl.net writes:

Ken,

how old is your Strong actuator and have you talked to him  about it?

Scott

KMis178813 at aol.com wrote:
> Sorry I can't  help you with the pitch trim but I do have a Strong
> Aileron trim  installed. Recently I had a (pilot induced) runaway trim.
> The Strong  system got stuck in a full left aileron trim. When I
> installed this  system I did confirm that in the event of a runaway the
> system could  be overcome for normal (tired arm) flight. The strong
> system can get  stuck at the ends and not come back, at least the one I
> have. Tried to  stick the system again and I can't reenact it on the
> ground. Other  than that it works great, just a little bug to work
> out. Moral of the  story, Be careful when using a non standard system
> that in the event  of a runaway you can still overcome the trim.   
>   Ken
>  
> In a message dated 2/27/2009  9:52:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> stedmanlou at roadrunner.com  writes:
>
>     I would also be interested in  hearing from those who are using
>     this product. How  does it effect the stick forces?
>      
>   Lou Stedman
>     Velocity  N7044Q
>     Olean, NY
>
>     ----- Original Message -----
>       *From:* Don Johnston <mailto:don at numa.aero>
>   *To:* reflector at tvbf.org  <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
>          *Sent:* Friday, February 27, 2009 1:10 PM
>       *Subject:* REFLECTOR: Pitch trim poll
>
>   I’m getting ready to install the elevator pitch  trim and heard
>         about the Alex Strong  pitch trim.
>
>           
>
>          http://mysite.verizon.net/res80xp0/strongvelocitypitchtrim/
>
>   
>
>          Just wondering what the general consensus is regarding this
>   versus the factory trim  mechanism.
>
>           
>
>         Is there anyone that’s flown  with both and can offer a comparison?
>
>       
>
>         As for the  people flying behind the factory version, are you
>       happy with it?
>
>           
>
>         It does seem to open up some  room on top of the canard.
>
>           
>
>         -Don  Johnston
>
>          
------------------------------------------------------------------------
>    _______________________________________________
>       To change your email address, visit
>        http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>     Visit the gallery!   www.tvbf.org/gallery
>         user:pw =  tvbf:jamaicangoose
>         Check new  archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>          Check old archives:
>          http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>   No virus found in this incoming  message.
>         Checked by AVG -  www.avg.com
>         Version: 8.0.237 / Virus  Database: 270.11.4/1976 - Release
>          Date: 02/27/09 13:27:00
>
>
>
>      _______________________________________________
>     To  change your email address, visit
>      http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>   Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>   user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>     Check new  archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>     Check old  archives:
>      http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your
>  neighborhood today
>  
<http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=Tax+Return+Preparation+%26+Filing&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000004>.
>
>  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>  _______________________________________________
> To change your email  address, visit 
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw =  tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>  Check old archives:  http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


_______________________________________________
To  change your email address, visit  
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!   www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives:  www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives:  http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

**************Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your 
neighborhood today. 
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=Tax+Return+Preparation+%26+Filing&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000004)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090228/96267948/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list