REFLECTOR: Placards

Dennis Martin dennis.doc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 22:02:42 CST 2009


Doug,

Thanks for making this available. You invested a lot of time and I
appreciate you sharing your work.

Dennis Martin
173 FGE Chevy V-6

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Douglas Holub <douglas.holub at gmail.com>wrote:

>  I was going to get some custom vinyl labels made for the 5 placards on my
> panel, but I knew it was going to cost me more than $100, and it would be a
> pain to make changes later if I needed to. So I Googled and found out that I
> could print black background and white text on Avery shiping labels using
> Word and a laser jet or ink jet printer. They came out very nice. My hangar
> mate thought they were done professionally.
>
> The first time I did it the placards looked great for awhile, but then they
> started getting all smudgy.  So I looked for some sealer in a spray can, and
> found VitaClear Transfer Coat which is used for sealing decals on models, I
> think. Now no smudges. I've attached the Word document of my placards in
> case anyone wants to use them for a boilerplate for use on Avery 5263 2"x4"
> adhesive shipping labels.
>
> Doug Holub
> N2980W flying for 0.8 hours
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>



-- 
All the best,
Dennis
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090216/f828f7d0/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list