REFLECTOR: Placards
Douglas Holub
douglas.holub at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 20:33:51 CST 2009
I was going to get some custom vinyl labels made for the 5 placards on my panel, but I knew it was going to cost me more than $100, and it would be a pain to make changes later if I needed to. So I Googled and found out that I could print black background and white text on Avery shiping labels using Word and a laser jet or ink jet printer. They came out very nice. My hangar mate thought they were done professionally.
The first time I did it the placards looked great for awhile, but then they started getting all smudgy. So I looked for some sealer in a spray can, and found VitaClear Transfer Coat which is used for sealing decals on models, I think. Now no smudges. I've attached the Word document of my placards in case anyone wants to use them for a boilerplate for use on Avery 5263 2"x4" adhesive shipping labels.
Doug Holub
N2980W flying for 0.8 hours
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090216/3c6d4956/attachment-0001.htm
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Placards1.doc
Type: application/msword
Size: 35328 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090216/3c6d4956/attachment-0001.doc
More information about the Reflector
mailing list