REFLECTOR: To M.T. or Aerocomposite ... That Is The Question ???

John Youngblood aqcs at comcast.net
Sun Feb 1 21:58:52 CST 2009


Hello Mike,

I flew my Velocity XLRG, 310hp Continental to Osh last year with an  
MT prop.  Replaced it with an AeroComposites prop upon returning and  
saw a 3-5 kt improvement in cruise (199 kts - 204 kts).  There may  
also be a slight increase in rate of climb.  But, I haven't done a  
back to back similar test.  I did have a problem with the  
AeroComposite "locking up" in high pitch during a flight last July.   
It was returned and AeroComposites had it modified to correct the  
problem.  I've flown another 30 hours since with no problems.  It's a  
very stout prop.

John Youngblood


On Feb 1, 2009, at 3:23 PM, Mike Wilson wrote:

> I know I really should re open this dialogue but necessity is the  
> Mother of ... well you know!
>
> I find myself in the need of small repair to my MT and before I  
> even contact them I wanted this group's opinion once more. I really  
> like the Aerocomposite but never read a definitive answer as to why  
> it is better.
>
> Mike Wilson
> Velocity XLRG / Lycoming IO-540 260 HP / MT CSP
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/ 
> listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/ 
> maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list