REFLECTOR: stormscope install ?
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Wed Aug 26 18:24:41 CDT 2009
I fly two T210's, both with XM weather and storm scopes and agree
completely with Larry,
Different data. though if I had to choose between the two I'd take the
XM weather.
Scott
Lawrence J. Epstein, MD wrote:
>
> I fly with both WX weather and a Stormscope. Very different data.
> Nexrad/Wx weather shows only cloud to ground lightning or about 10% of
> strikes and is delayed (can be 15 min old). Useful for planning >30-60
> min out, but not for "tactical" decision making.
>
>
>
> If you can find a way to get the Stormscope working, it adds
> tremendous peace of mind.
>
>
>
> Larry Epstein
>
>
>
> *From:* reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]
> *On Behalf Of *nmflyer1 at aol.com
> *Sent:* Wednesday, August 26, 2009 12:51 AM
> *To:* reflector at tvbf.org
> *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: stormscope install ?
>
>
>
> I am perfectly happy using satellite weather. I'm sure there are
> benefits to a storm scope in addition to this, but have never had the
> opportunity to use both.
> I get so much utility from AnyWhere Map that I intend to use that in
> the V as well.
>
>
>
> Kurt
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: TimRhod at aol.com
> To: Reflector at tvbf.org
> Sent: Tue, Aug 25, 2009 9:09 pm
> Subject: REFLECTOR: stormscope install ?
>
> Have any velocities that use light speed electronic ignitions
> succesfully installed a stormscope? I I did a skin mapping on my XLRG
> with duel light speed electronic ignitions and found no spot on the
> airplane that didn't set off the mapper. The best spot was at the end
> of the wing right next to the winglet but on powering up the engine it
> was no good. I may have to give up on using a stormscope. Any
> Ideas? Tim
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 260 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090826/66f36dd4/attachment.pgp>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list