REFLECTOR: Velocity Split Kit
Scott Baker
sbakr at comcast.net
Sat Oct 4 06:20:40 CDT 2008
Looking at how Van's successfully markets its kits in smaller split-kit packages, Velocity introduced at Oshkosh a new 6-step Split Kit purchase option.
The split kit option helps customers who want to self-finance the construction of their Velocity. The higher cost of packaging and shipping multiple shipments versus one larger shipment should be considered. When all is said and done, builders who purchase their Velocity in 6-steps pay more because of the extra shipping.
Please call me, Paul Baribault, or Ken Baker at the factory for more information (772)589-1860.
Scott B
----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Hassel
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2008 12:09 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity Split Kit
Yeah I've been lurking on the list for quite awhile.
I don't know if the pic will come through but it's on the link below on Brett's site.
http://n44vf.velocityxl.com/pictures/oshkosh/2008/ad1.jpg
It looks like it's being split even more than before. Start with a Winglet kit for $950!
We feel in love with the Velo when we got one of those $100 hamburger rides from Mike Pollock. If I'm not mistaken that ride was back in 2002. We couldn't really afford the kit back then (still can't get the whole thing - yet). Since that time we started an RV9, a Cozy MK IV and still want the Velo. We're a couple of years out on a full kit, but a split kit I could start much sooner.
Bob
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Christopher Barber
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 9:33 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity Split Kit
Seems I read somewhere they may be offering the split kit again. However, they stopped offering the option back in 2002. As a matter of fact my "split" kit was delivered on Sunday June 9, 2002 and Velo, Inc announced the end of the split kit on Monday the 10th so I may have gotten the last one. It split up the fuselage and strakes in one kit and the wings and canard in the other. There was a $500.00 service charge in addition to more shipping charges, but it allowed me to get started while I earned the rest of the cash for purchase.
All the best,
Chris Barber
Houston
----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Hassel
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 9:09 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Velocity Split Kit
Ok, I'm slow but while checking out Brett's web site and reading up on his harrowing experience I found a picture of a sales sign at Oshkosh for a split kit from Velocity. http://n44vf.velocityxl.com/pictures/oshkosh/2008/ad1.jpg
Does anyone know anything about this? I can't seem to find anything on the Velo web site.
Glad you guys were ok Brett! That's a tribute to the great flying and solid design.
Thanks,
Bob Hassel
Santa Fe, NM
Wanta Be builder.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081004/2f6fc077/attachment-0001.htm
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 17699 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081004/2f6fc077/attachment-0001.jpeg
More information about the Reflector
mailing list