REFLECTOR: Velocity Split Kit

Bob Hassel bob at hassel-usa.com
Fri Oct 3 23:09:19 CDT 2008


Yeah I've been lurking on the list for quite awhile.  

 

I don't know if the pic will come through but it's on the link below on
Brett's site.

 

http://n44vf.velocityxl.com/pictures/oshkosh/2008/ad1.jpg

 



 

It looks like it's being split even more than before.  Start with a Winglet
kit for $950!

 

We feel in love with the Velo when we got one of those $100 hamburger rides
from Mike Pollock.  If I'm not mistaken that ride was back in 2002.  We
couldn't really afford the kit back then (still can't get the whole thing -
yet).  Since that time we started an RV9, a Cozy MK IV and still want the
Velo.  We're a couple of years out on a full kit, but a split kit I could
start much sooner.

 

Bob

 

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Christopher Barber
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 9:33 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity Split Kit

 

Seems I read somewhere they may be offering the split kit again.  However,
they stopped offering the option back in 2002.  As a matter of fact my
"split" kit was delivered on Sunday June 9, 2002 and Velo, Inc announced the
end of the split kit on Monday the 10th so I may have gotten the last one.
It split up the fuselage and strakes in one kit and the wings and canard in
the other.  There was a $500.00 service charge in addition to more shipping
charges, but it allowed me to get started while I earned the rest of the
cash for purchase.

 

All the best,

 

Chris Barber

Houston

----- Original Message ----- 

From: Bob Hassel <mailto:bob at hassel-usa.com>  

To: reflector at tvbf.org 

Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 9:09 PM

Subject: REFLECTOR: Velocity Split Kit

 

Ok, I'm slow but while checking out Brett's web site and reading up on his
harrowing experience I found a picture of a sales sign at Oshkosh for a
split kit from Velocity.
http://n44vf.velocityxl.com/pictures/oshkosh/2008/ad1.jpg

 

Does anyone know anything about this?  I can't seem to find anything on the
Velo web site.

 

Glad you guys were ok Brett!  That's a tribute to the great flying and solid
design.

 

Thanks,

 

Bob Hassel

Santa Fe, NM

Wanta Be builder.

 

 


  _____  


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081003/f29d415f/attachment-0001.htm 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 17699 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081003/f29d415f/attachment-0001.jpeg 


More information about the Reflector mailing list