REFLECTOR: fuel line fittings
Keith Hallsten
KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Sat May 17 19:42:58 CDT 2008
Flared tube fittings do not need any sealant or lubricant, although a small
amount of lubricant probably wouldn't hurt anything.
Tapered pipe threads do need some sealant/lubricant. Although everyone has
a favorite, any pipe thread "dope" from a hardware store that is labeled for
use with oil or fuel will suffice.
Keith Hallsten
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of gattenby at tulsaconnect.com
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 8:07 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: fuel line fittings
Any thoughts / consisus on fuel line fittings?
As in steel vs alumin?
My guess is that the tubing is alumin, why not the
fittings?
If I'm using an822-6d elbows, then do I need an818-6d nut
and an819-6d bushing?
When I do house water pumbing, I use teflon tape in the
fittings.
I've heard not to use teflon tape in fuel fittings...
Is there a prefered sealant?
Noel
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list