REFLECTOR: fuel line fittings

Mike Dawson medawson250 at yahoo.com
Sat May 17 12:08:04 CDT 2008


Yes to the 6d fittings and no to the teflon tape. An
aircraft 37 degree flare and some Ez turn Lubricant is
all you should need for a drip less system!

Ex Turn Lubricant can be found at Aircraft spruce, It
is also called Fuel lube. Apply just a small amount on
the threds and you are good to go!
1.  Ez Turn Lubricant
EZ Turn is a specialty lubricant/sealant used for fuel
and oil line valves & is resistant to high temps.
Especially effective where high octane fuels and
aromatics are present. EZ Turn is also e...
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cspages/ezturnlube.php
- 1.2kb
Mike

--- gattenby at tulsaconnect.com wrote:

> 
> Any thoughts / consisus on fuel line fittings?
> As in steel vs alumin?
> My guess is that the tubing is alumin, why not the 
> fittings?
> 
> If I'm using an822-6d elbows, then do I need
> an818-6d nut 
> and an819-6d bushing?
> 
> When I do house water pumbing, I use teflon tape in
> the 
> fittings.
> I've heard not to use teflon tape in fuel
> fittings...
> Is there a prefered sealant?
> 
> Noel
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 



      


More information about the Reflector mailing list