REFLECTOR: Overhead switch panel
Dennis Martin
dennis.doc at gmail.com
Sat May 10 23:01:28 CDT 2008
Hey Kurt,
The only overhead I've got is a dual overhead light from a 1970s-1980s
vintage junk yard Volvo. It's very flat and low profile. I used two screws
(one front and back) to hold it up. I then glassed the fiberglass channels
on each side right up to the light box and widened it at the light. Looks
good and works great.
I experimented with static test on engine again today. Still using a two
blade Catto for test runs. Runs smooth as silk up to 6,000 RPMs - not bad
for static run. Still having trouble with throttle accelerator between
2,000-3,000 RPM band. It's all computer driven and I just haven't found the
right fuel mapping. All trial and error.
Tell me about the new master cylinders. Factory or your mod?
All the best,
Dennis
On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 8:24 AM, <NMFlyer1 at aol.com> wrote:
> I'm coming down to the wire on assembly. One thing I've been pondering is
> a method to install the overhead switch panel so that I can remove it if
> necessary. Has anyone come up with a method for this? My old assembly manual
> just says glass it in, and I couldn't even find the section in the online
> manuals.
> There are enough switches and things in there that removing it for work
> makes the most sense.
>
> The new master cylinders are in place:
> I plan on installing the Nylaflow through the conduit tubes and bleeding
> the brake this week.
> Then it is the overhead switch panel and forward door beams.
>
> Then Paint prep and interior.
>
> Kurt Winker
> 173FGE Chev 4.3L Aluminum V-6
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
> Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at
> AOL Food <http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?NCID=aolfod00030000000001>.
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
--
All the best,
Dennis
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080510/b91a44e8/attachment.htm
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 14296 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080510/b91a44e8/attachment.jpeg
More information about the Reflector
mailing list