REFLECTOR: need some exhaust

doug.holub at tx.rr.com doug.holub at tx.rr.com
Mon Mar 31 21:10:23 CDT 2008


Thanks. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

So I've been reading a bunch of stuff today about different exhaust systems. Aparently a tuned exhaust system is able to improve engine performance by sucking exhaust out of the cylinders and generally improve the airflow through the engine. The difference between a tuned exhaust system and a bad one is 10 or 15 hp.

Does anyone know if the stock forward facing Velocity exhaust pipes are very good from a performance standpoint? How about the original out-the-back pipes? 

Doug Holub
I see light at the end of the tunnel

---- Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote: 
> Doug
> 
> Call up Custom Aircraft Parts
> 1-800-561-1901
> 1-619-561-5757
> 
> http://www.customaircraft.com/
> 
> They can make any exhaust and you know you'll be getting the best..
> 
> I don't have any association to them other than I'm a very satisfied 
> customer for over 10 years
> 
> Scott
> 
> 
> doug.holub at tx.rr.com wrote:
> > For 3 weeks I've been trying to buy a forward facing exhaust system from the factory for my IOX-360. They sold the last one they had the day before I called them, and now they are having supplier trouble, and don't know when they will get some more in stock. 
> > 
> > My engine is assembled at the shop, but he doesn't want to run it without an exhaust system. Does anybody have any kind of 0-360 exhaust system I could borrow for a week or so?
> > 
> > Alternatively, could I just go to an automotive exhaust shop, give them the dimensions, and have them build me some?
> > 
> > Doug Holub
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> > 
> > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> > 
> 
> -- 
> 
> -
>      Truth : the most deadly weapon ever discovered by humanity. Capable 
> of destroying entire perceptual sets, cultures, and realities. Outlawed 
> by all governments everywhere. Possession is normally punishable by death.
> 
>      Richard Childers
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list