REFLECTOR: langth for throttle and mixture cables

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Mon Mar 31 09:07:07 CDT 2008


I think the KPCs are meant to be free, the new ones are listed in the Velocity Online, and I think when they make the full list available, they'll be outside of the login area, but maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that's why the stopped requiring the subscription to the Velocity Views.
http://www.velocityaircraft.com/Newsletter%20Files/kpc.html

SIDE NOTE:  I've built a searchable database of all of the KPCs, with a text synopsis but none of the figures, so the factory is still the only 'official' source.  I've also built a database of Velocity builder's and flyers, but both of these features are for logged in members only, so that I know who's got access to the information (even though it's all publicly available today).  I intend to open up access to members of the Reflector, though I'm still finalizing the new version of my site, all I'd ask is that folks agree to update their own information so the database is accurate.

Brett
www.n44vf.com
www.velocityxl.com

---------
You should spend the $300 now so that you have access to KPC's (Kit Plan Changes).  These are like AD's for our aircraft and some may resolve real safety issues.

Larry Epstein



    From: jeffreyhowell at hotmail.com
    To: reflector at tvbf.org
    Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:45:44 -0700
    Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: langth for throttle and mixture cables


    I would like to put push pull cables with a friction lock. I do not have access to the factory website yet. They want me to pay some $300.00 do get access to there site before they sell me any parts and get access to the builders page... I am eventually going to do this but I am trying to save a little money. Money is tight right now so that is why I ask...Thanx Jeff

        From: amillin at sbcglobal.net
        To: reflector at tvbf.org
        Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:58:33 -0400
        Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: langth for throttle and mixture cables

        Jeff,
         
        I see you haven't gotten a response yet, so...  I don't know what kind of cables you currently have.  I'm not sure exactly what type of cables you are wanting to install.  The "push-pull" cables the factory sells are pretty good.  They are the right length and I believe they sell them at a reasonable price.  Unless you want to do something different, I would recommend that you check with the factory.
         
        Andy


More information about the Reflector mailing list