REFLECTOR: old box spar question

Dave Philipsen velocity at davebiz.com
Wed Jun 11 23:43:09 CDT 2008


I have an older Velo (clamshell door) that has little somewhat 
hemispherical vent covers over the bolt access holes on the bottom.  The 
vents are pointed rearward so I assume they are intended to suck air out 
of the cabin.  Since I am not the builder I cannot tell you for sure 
that's what they are for but it seems reasonable.  In fact, I can't find 
any other place where air of any quantity could exit the cabin to allow 
for proper ventilation.



MMurp16900 at aol.com wrote:
>  hi Doug
> That is the first time I herd that the holes were for Venting.
> Is it in the plans?
> Mack
>  
> In a message dated 6/11/2008 10:23:46 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, 
> doug.holub at tx.rr.com writes:
>
>     I have a question for anybody out there with an old box spar:
>     There are bulkheads inside the spar just outboard of the inboard
>     wing attach bolts. As I understand it, the bolt access holes at
>     the bottom ends of the main spar are used to suck air out of the
>     cabin. Am I supposed to cut a hole in the spar bulkheads to let
>     the cabin air escape?
>
>     Doug Holub
>     _
>

-- 
Dave Philipsen
Velocity STD-FG
N83DP



More information about the Reflector mailing list