REFLECTOR: gas spring for door

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 9 10:37:20 CDT 2008


Try McMaster Carr.  http://www.mcmaster.com/    Search on the word shock.
This is what I used.  Get the locking one.  Becareful to be measuring for
where they are mounted to hit the on the door d-tube and the roll bar thing
in the cabin.  My first one was 90 lbs and I need to pump some balloon into
the door d-tube because it was getting distorted.  Longer is better so you
don't hit your head walking under the door.  McMaster is good place.  They
will take stuff back or swap stuff out without any problem.
Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of doug.holub at tx.rr.com
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 10:20 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: gas spring for door

Super. Thanks, Kurt.
---- NMFlyer1 at aol.com wrote: 
> Doug, 
>  
> Doesn't seem like anyone answered your real question. I bought mine  
> different from the old factory type, and changed things a bit. I ordered
them by  
> spec, not by application. Therefor, you can cross reference the size and  
> pressures you want. 
>  
> Here is where I bought mine:   
> 
> _SPD  gas springs and hardware - hinges, handles, drawer slides, latches, 
> catches  and locks - A Barnes Group, Inc. Company_ 
>
(http://www.spdhardware.com/catalog/list.asp?id={A818FF64-E51A-422F-A59A-4E2
E52A3BDA2})  
> With SPD, it is best if you order online, if you call in a phone order..  
> they have higher purchase minimums. 
>  
>  
> Here is a similar company:    _Gas Springs, Gas  Cylinders, Dampers,
Struts 
> and Shock Absorbers from SUSPA Incorporated_ 
> (http://www.suspa-inc.com/products/gassprings.htm)  
>  
>  
> Hope that helps. 
>  
> Kurt Winker
>  
> My gas spring for the door is 20 years old and won't hold the door up.
It's 
> made by Eberhard, part number EB-EAA-8350-P1-60. It's 12 inches fully  
> extended. Is this same gas spring shipped with the kit today?
> 
> I bought  one at AutoZone today that was 12.5" long, but I think the
spring 
> is too strong.  It distorts the door a little when it's closed.
> 
> Doug  Holub
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> **************Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with 
> Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.      
> (http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4?&NCID=aolfod00030000000002)

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list