REFLECTOR: Emailing: Vesta Prop

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Thu Jul 31 06:44:06 CDT 2008


The attachment size limit has to be placed somewhere.  I have gotten 
attachments that are 20 megabytes in size.  Many times people send 
pictures in uncompressed high resolution format that won't even fit on 
my monitor in their native resolution.  There is a requirement for those 
types of pictures, but sharing engineering knowledge on the reflector is 
not a reasonable requirement for that size.

The latest image you posted Looks like very good quality.  My untrained 
eye would be difficult to tell the difference between that one and the 
one megabyte version sent on the first attempt.

The file limitation is there to preserve my bandwidth and to keep from 
hitting limits on the accounts of the users.  To address this problem, I 
have approved attachments larger than the limit, as well as hosting the 
picture gallery where there is no file size limitation.  However, the 
gallery has some drawbacks which should have been addressed some time ago.

davedent at comcast.net wrote:
> Andrew Ellzey, I tried to send pictures of the Vesta prop through twice. 
> Once through the Reflector site and then to you direct but it was kicked 
> back.  Sorry, maybe you can send me a better email to send you the 
> pictures. The one I include now is (64.3KB).  If the server can't handle 
> it, there is a problem or a new updated computer needs to be in place. I 
> do believe the server is almost worthless with this small of a buffer. I 
> can see why others have gone to the other web site.
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: michalk.vcf
Type: text/x-vcard
Size: 210 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080731/257ed3e9/attachment.vcf 


More information about the Reflector mailing list