REFLECTOR: Main Gear Alignment
davedent at comcast.net
davedent at comcast.net
Sun Jan 27 17:54:11 CST 2008
Another thing to note when setting the toe in. I've use greased plates so there is no drag on the tires when checking for toe in. Take two pieces of aluminum sheet about 1.5 ft square and put some grease between them. Then set the main gear tire down on it, with out changing the aircraft center line When you set them down on the plates it will always move to the same spot for alignment. The toe in our out shouldn't change while on the plates, only the in and out from aircraft center should change because of weight. Just a thought when you are checking. I keep a set in the hangar for any plane I'm checking for alignment. I also use a laser up against the outer wheel half instead of a long straight edge, works great.
Dave
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080127/36fdf8a1/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list