REFLECTOR: RG Switch

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sat Jan 5 16:58:12 CST 2008


I could not find an adjustment on mine.  The mfgr is World Magnetics. 
The 75 kt
switch closed the circuit at 125 kn and at 145 kn the 125 switch
remained open.
Apparently the 125 kn switch doesn't prevent lowering the gear and I
like it
that way anyway.  My tanks are full, so I decided not to put it on
jacks.  I'll
try it in the air once the weather clears up.  For now I have bridged
the
terminals on the 75 kn switch.  My gear switch has to be pulled out
before it
can be moved, so that should prevent a mishap from bumping the switch. 
I have
also pulled out the fuse so I will have to think twice before retracting
the
gear.  Any RGs out there that don't use the airspeed switch?

John

Johnny Thompson wrote:

> Hi John.    Mine have a small recessed screw head that adjust.I use a pitot
> tester to put pressure into the system.  I disconnect the two wires, connect
> an audio type circuit tested to the tabs. At airspeed up to 75 kts the
> switch is open then closes at 75 and sounds the  audio on my millimeter.
> Minor turning of the screw will adjust the airspeed up or down.  On the 125
> kt switch the circuit will be closed up to 125 kt and then open above that
> speed. If you do not have access to a  pitot tester you can use air pressure
> but be very, very careful since you will need very little pressure to move
> the indicators to max and damage your system.  Ever a person blowing into
> the pitot tube can be too much and cause damage. Please forgive me if you
> already know this but I never know how much experience a person has when
> they ask a question.  Don't want to damage the aircraft or the operator.
> These air switches connect to relays and if the switches check out you must
> look at them.   I would first look for loose connections and if the landing
> light shares the ground.    Johnny
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "John Dibble" <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 8:56 PM
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: RG Switch
>
> > Thanks.  How exactly do you adjust them?  There is a small tab.  Is that
> what you're
> > referring to?
> >
> > John
> >
> > Johnny Thompson wrote:
> >
> > > Hi John
> > > I have used limit switches that look like the two in your picture. One
> that
> > > is set at 75 is most likely your squat switch, 125 kts would be a limit
> > > switch to keep the gear from lowering above 125 kts. Mine are adjustable
> > > with a small flat tip, sure yours are the same. You can jumper the two
> 75 kt
> > > wires and see if the gear will retract ( aircraft on jacks please). If
> it
> > > does the 75 kt switch made need adjusting or replacement. Testing with a
> > > pitot static tester would help. As for the landing light working the
> gear,
> > > wow!  Could be a shared ground, etc.
> > > Johnny
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> > >
> > > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >


More information about the Reflector mailing list