REFLECTOR: glide ratio
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Jan 4 12:35:28 CST 2008
Not to be cheeky, but have always wondered about those "scheduled" off
field landings vs the "unscheduled" ones! :-)
Kirk Aragon wrote:
>
> I had an unscheduled off-field landing in my 1996 SERG last year and
> have first hand experience at guessing the glide ratio :-). I lost the
> engine at 1700 AGL and glided at 100KIAS about 1.25 miles with a 20 knot
> headwind. My constant speed prop was in climb pitch (it felt like a barn
> door hanging out in the wind). Not sure if this helps.
>
> Kirk Aragon
> N360TV
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> From: rream at satx.rr.com
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 22:03:50 -0600
> Subject: REFLECTOR: glide ratio
>
> Does anybody have any realistic idea of what the glide ratio of the
> Velocity at gross weight is?
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
--
-
"Just because I sound like an idiot doesn't mean I agree with the
president."....from an ad on Air America Radio
More information about the Reflector
mailing list