REFLECTOR: Fuel sight guages..why?

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Fri Feb 15 20:32:16 CST 2008


From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of David Bertram
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 2:49 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org; reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel sight guages..why?

 

Al I also have the Atkinson sight gauges and I also use mogas.  Both of my
gauges are stopped up.  Where exactly did you drill through the gauge and
did you go all the way into the tank?  Dave Bertram

 

Dave;

 

The grommets have a about a ¼” flange, and IIRC a 1/8” o.d. sleeve.  My
original holes through the bulkhead were less than 1/8.  I drill ¼” just
through the lexan in line with the bulkhead hole; then drilled out the
bulkhead hole and the white plastic to 1/8 (or whatever the grommet o.d.
is).  Then put a little mirco on the grommet o.d. and inserted it into the
hole; then put a thin layer of microglass on a wetted piece of Bid and put
that over the ¼” hole in the lexan (sand the spot on the lexan first). Since
the bulkhead holes were at the very ends of the gauge, I realyy didn’t lose
any of the reading.

 

Good luck,

 

Al

 

 

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080215/e3873be1/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list