REFLECTOR: engine size & CS prop
David Bertram
n350tx at tx.rr.com
Tue Feb 5 09:53:04 CST 2008
I have an MT electric prop and have been flying for three and one half years
I love the electric governor. It is simple and just takes a couple of
wires from the cockpit. I have had absolutely no problems with my MT. Dave
Bertram
N350Tx
Chevy V-8
-------Original Message-------
From: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Date: 02/04/08 16:36:07
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: engine size & CS prop
In a message dated 2/4/2008 2:01:48 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, grigore
rosu at gmail.com writes:
Greg,
How dificult/expensive would it be to transit from a fixed pitch to a CS
propeller? In other words, suppose that in order to get quickly in the air,
one chooses a fixed pitch propeller (assuming they are easier to get, though
I'm not sure about that; they are obviously cheper though). Then in 2-3
years, suppose that one realizes that one would really like to have a CS
prop. Is it difficult/expensive to switch? My question is probably very
silly; I really have never installed a prop. I'm just looking for options.
Fairly simple and easy especially if you plan for the governor control on
your panel when building. The governor just bolts up (saying you have the
room behind the engine if that's where your governor goes). A couple plugs
on the flange end of the crank to remove/install. Install the feed line
from the governor to front of case (if needed), hook up your pre-planed
pitch control, and some cowling trimming may be necessary. A new W/B needs
to be done, along with any paperwork/flight testing for the feds.
TEC
Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080205/690e96ae/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list