REFLECTOR: engine size

Tom tomcat05 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 4 19:44:45 CST 2008


You definitely can make the fixed pitch scenario functional and always 
switch out later if you want to. Unless you're dealing with short strips 
and high density altitude airports you'll be fine. I currently have a 
Aymar Demuth, 2 blade with a 64/80. it gives 2550 static rpm. My IO360 
has 10 to 1 pistons, so I'm getting more power than 200. I also can get 
to just under 3000 rpm straight and level at full power. I have a 3 
blade Catto on order 66/72 and Craig (Catto) believes I'll get similar 
cruise but better takeoff/climb with his prop. They are very durable 
props also and have read accounts as bad as a muffler blowing through 
one with limited damage.
The downside is how long it takes to get one after ordering. Craig is a 
one man operation and the RV guys have found him and are beating his 
door down for props. I ordered mine in August and have no idea when 
it'll arrive.


More information about the Reflector mailing list