REFLECTOR: Fuel caps

Hiroo Umeno humeno at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 15 15:50:58 CST 2008


I used the AS&S fuel cap (locking variety).  I found the quality of the part to be "good enough".  They are made of machined aluminum parts with plastic rotating retention mechanism on the bottom half of the cap.  The part that attaches to the airframe is metal.  The tab on top is metal as well.  They create a good seal as long as the O-ring is periodically lubricated.

The reason I think it is only "good enough" and not "great" is that the lift-up tab does not completely sit flush and the edges are rather rounded (not like those fuel tank caps on the high-end motorcycles).  This make it look less refined but they do their jobs just fine.

One gripe I have about them is that it did not come with a chain that kept the cap from going on a vacation.

Hiroo

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Don Johnston
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 1:07 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Fuel caps

Does anyone have sources or suggestions for fuel caps. I was looking at the pair that came with the kit and I would prefer a cap that's a bit more... substantial (no plastic). :)

I found a few at Aircraft Spruce, but it's hard to tell about the quality and construction by the pictures provided.

-Don
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20081215/033aae33/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list