REFLECTOR: Forward Beams
NMFlyer1 at aol.com
NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Fri Aug 1 11:31:14 CDT 2008
I have a question on how folks finished off the forward beams. My
application is a 173 FGE, so others might be different.
My forward beams hit against the door's forward locking pin receiver. I
built my pin receivers per the plans. The glass that holds the pin receiver is
thicker than the forward beam. Therefor, I can't just cut a notch and lay the
beam against the inside of the fuselage (It rests about 3/16" off the glass.)
The way I see it, there are a few choices:
1, Cut off part of the receiver installation (the part that would be inside
the beam) so that the beam will lay flush against the fuselage.
I think the pin would hit the inside of the beam if I did this. I would
have about 1/2" of receiver left if I place the beams at the point called for
in the plans.
2, I notched the receiver glass and the beam so that I could get things
as close as possible. I will have to make a fillet to glass the beams in
since they don't quite flush out against the fuselage. Seems like it would work,
but finishing and the door welt will be a problem.
3, I could cut off the aft part of the receiver assy. (toward the door)
so that the pin basically goes into the receiver inside the beam. That too
would leave me about 1/2" of receiver, and make the finishing easier, but I
still can't quite flush out the beam.
4... Your call :)
Just looking for ideas and options.
P.S. Wheel pants are now fit and finished after LOTS of rebuilding (the
factory ones didn't fit at all).
I just finished wiring the overhead switch panel to .062 molex connectors.
They rest inside the switch panel so that I can take it out if needed.
The Aluminum Chevy V-6 is running fantastic! I can try and make a video and
put it somewhere, if there is any interest. Not sure how to do it... but
I'll figure that out.
Blocking for paint.... and doing up the rest of the wiring.
Kurt
**************Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for
FanHouse Fantasy Football today.
(http://www.fanhouse.com/fantasyaffair?ncid=aolspr00050000000020)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080801/486dbc52/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list