REFLECTOR: Annual Inspection Question

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Fri Aug 1 09:58:49 CDT 2008


 
If you did not build the aircraft (and apply for the repairman's  
certificate), you can not do the annual condition inspection. The good news is,  that the 
annual condition inspection only needs to be signed off by an A&P  (Not an 
A-I Like a certified Aircraft). 
 
The repairman certificate would allow the builder to perform annual  
condition inspections for  a new owner, but I'm not sure if anyone would  want their 
rear hanging out like that. 
 
Best bet:  An "Owner Assisted Annual" with an A&P that would then  sign it 
off. 
 
That's how I understand it anyway,    Kurt 
 
In a message dated 8/1/2008 8:26:56 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,  
Jmbmitch33 at comcast.net writes:

Anyone know off hand if you sell your Velocity,  can the buyer do .....and 
sign off....on the annual inspection??...even though  he did'nt do any of the 
build?  I was thinking any pilot (current owner)  could do the inspection due to 
its "experimental" status, but someone at a  different airport was telling me 
if you didnt build it, you cant do it.   ........thoughts on that.....
 



 



**************Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for 
FanHouse Fantasy Football today.      
(http://www.fanhouse.com/fantasyaffair?ncid=aolspr00050000000020)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080801/410b5494/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list