REFLECTOR: Top NACA Inlets
Tony Babb
tonybabb at alejandra.net
Sat Apr 19 11:34:46 CDT 2008
My SEFG came with preformed NACA ducts in the kit. They are now installed
and measure 2 3/8" from the top of the fuselage outer skin to the floor of
the duct.
Tony Babb
SEFG 62% done, 78% to go
www.alejandra.net/velocity
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of lawrence epstein
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:12 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Top NACA Inlets
I am about to put in the NACA inlets on the top. (I have an older "SE"
fuselage). I am doing this by cutting out the shape, except the forward
edge, then flexing the cut out down and glassing the sides. Scott sent me a
template for the shape, but did not specify the depth of the inlet at the
aft end.
Could someone give me the depth (measured from the outer fuselage skin to
the "outside" skin or the "floor") of the inlet at the firewall?
This is for a Standard fuselage with a Lycoming (actually, it is for the
inverted Deltahawk, but will be using the same inlets)..
Thanks
Larry Epstein
173 FGE
_____
> Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 17:11:59 -0700
> From: doug.holub at tx.rr.com
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: antenna mounting
>
> I installed that same ELT a couple of weeks ago. I made a copper foil
dipole with each leg the length of the external antenna. Picture attached.
>
> ---- Lou Stedman <stedmanlou at adelphia.net> wrote:
> > I purchased a Ameri-King AK-450 ELT from ACS to replace my old ELT. Now
I need to mount an external antenna. According to the instructions a
fiberglass aircraft needs a supplemental ground plane with a minimum
diameter of 36". That is huge. I called the manufacturer and was told that
36" was overkill. They say 18" will do. Have any of you guys installed this
unit? If so where did you install the unit and antenna and how? Thanks for
your input.
> >
> > Lou Stedman
> > Velocity N7044Q
> > Olean, NY
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080419/bf37ebab/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list