REFLECTOR: antenna mounting

doug.holub at tx.rr.com doug.holub at tx.rr.com
Tue Apr 1 19:11:59 CDT 2008


I installed that same ELT a couple of weeks ago. I made a copper foil dipole with each leg the length of the external antenna. Picture attached.

---- Lou Stedman <stedmanlou at adelphia.net> wrote: 
> I purchased a Ameri-King AK-450 ELT from ACS to replace my old ELT. Now I need to mount an external antenna. According to the instructions a fiberglass aircraft needs a supplemental ground plane with a minimum diameter of 36". That is huge. I called the manufacturer and was told that 36" was overkill. They say 18" will do. Have any of you guys installed this unit? If so where did you install the unit and antenna and how? Thanks for your input.
> 
> Lou Stedman
> Velocity N7044Q
> Olean, NY
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: ELT.JPG
Type: image/pjpeg
Size: 72732 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080401/0a5ef006/attachment-0001.bin 


More information about the Reflector mailing list