REFLECTOR: Air Stair

len.baxter at gm.com len.baxter at gm.com
Tue Sep 11 12:59:13 CDT 2007


Chuck,  can you share the pictures of the "Air Stair " again???

Thanks


Len Baxter
XLRG   ( just starting )




"Chuck" <c.harbert at comcast.net> 
Sent by: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org
09/11/2007 12:54 PM
Please respond to
Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>


To
<reflector at tvbf.org>
cc
Scott Lower <slower0228 at aol.com>
Subject
REFLECTOR: Air Stair






Noel, it's working fine-no problems. I would recommend that you use only 2 

hinges because it's really a pain just to get 2 hinges to align, and 3 
might 
be very difficult. Besides I'm 200 lbs and I stand on it all the time. 
I've 
had someone over 220lbs on it and it didn't flex. Your right, we just used 

regular Velocity door hinges.

Scott Lower (copied) really helped me do this, and you might want to get 
his 
details on how to do this. It's not that hard to do, if you know the 
correct 
order and techniques.

It really makes it easy to get into (and work on) the plane, and I leave 
the 
lower door open when taxiing on hot days.

Chuck H


> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 22:31:57 -0500
> From: <gattenby at tulsaconnect.com>
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Air stair
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Message-ID: <web-65122856 at cgpro2.tulsaconnect.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain;charset="iso-8859-1";format="flowed"
>
>
> About a year ago Chuck Harbert was brave enough to show
> pictures
> of his version of the "Air Stair".
>
> How is that working out for you Chuck?
>
> I'm looking at doing something very similar.
> You used 2 of what look like the regular door hinges.
> My 1st thought was to use 3 of them, but I haven't
> done any math to make that choice.
>
> If you were doing it again would you use 2 hinges or 3?
>
> Noel

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit 
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070911/9183092e/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list