REFLECTOR: Thermal exhaust Wrap
Alex Balic
velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Tue Oct 9 11:28:14 CDT 2007
A similar experience led me to wrap my pipes as well- didn't grab
fortunately, but got me pretty good- you know that pipe didn't "look"
hot...... :) really, I was more worried about proximity to fuel lines, pumps
and wiring- I have a turbo, so the exhaust runs up between the firewall and
the engine- just warm to the touch now.....
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 7:07 AM
To: velocity at davebiz.com; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Thermal exhaust Wrap
Dave Philipsen wrote:
> and after the engine has been running you can grab the exhaust pipe with
> your hand and it won't burn you.
thats a really good thing. Right after the first engine run on my
engine, I was peering into the hose jungle trying to see where an oil
leak was coming from and yep, grabbed the exhaust stack right where I
had been hanging onto it for 6 months, yow!!! 3 weeks later I'm still
peeling...
Scott
--
-
The only security of all is in a free press. The force of public
opinion cannot be resisted when permitted freely to be expressed. The
agitation it produces must be submitted to. It is necessary, to keep the
waters pure.
Thomas Jefferson to Lafayette, 1823. ME 15:491
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list