REFLECTOR: Dual Throttle Quadrant Part 4

brent bourgeois bjb3013 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 25 07:18:58 CST 2007


Richard,
It really looks like you have spent lots of time on
this ,Good luck.
I went through this up to the design stage but always
got stuck on the angles,cross over connection and the
friction of all of the connections. I finally went
with 2 complete and separate engine controls that
connect at the servo arm only. It is alot more cables
in the engine compartment but I used teleflex like the
ailerons use and with smooth archs it all works
smooth.

Brent
STD RG
985-785-8299
--- "Richard J. Gentil"
<richard at naples-air-center.com> wrote:

> Sorry for so many emails. I am lousy at descriptions
> and I do much 
> better with pictures.
> 
> The next direction is I took three pieces of steel
> tubing from Aircraft 
> Spruce and put one inside the other. Then I braised
> on steel tabs and 
> used a bolt on each side braised to a flat plate for
> a bearing to pivot 
> on. For my linkages, I took flat steel rods which I
> cut and drilled 6 
> exact duplicates which I attached with clevis pins
> to the throttle 
> quadrants and tabs on the steel tubes. Then I took
> the reversing 
> throttle quadrant on the co-pilot's side and
> modified it so it would be 
> non reversing, which is needed with this new idea I
> am trying.
> 
> I attached a picture of what I hope will be the
> solution for dual 
> quadrants. I was wondering if anyone has been down
> the current road I am 
> headed and has any pointers.
> 
> This is turning into a _*HUGE*_ time sink. Almost
> makes me wish my wife 
> were not a pilot too, which would have negated the
> need for dual throttles.
> 
> Richard
> > _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



      ____________________________________________________________________________________
Never miss a thing.  Make Yahoo your home page. 
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs


More information about the Reflector mailing list