REFLECTOR: Phase I airport

Douglas Holub doug.holub at tx.rr.com
Tue May 29 14:12:06 CDT 2007


Thanks everyone. I think I get it. It sounds like Grand Prarie is not going to be a problem. Maybe I'll call the local FSDO and check with them, just to be sure. A hangar opened up at the Grand Prarie airport, and since I expect to be flying in a few months, I was thinking about grabbing it while I can.

Doug
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Ron Brown 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 1:51 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Phase I airport


  I live on the north side of Class B at Charlotte. My home base was on the north side of class B - my FSDO inspector gave me 50 mile radius to the north, east and west - just stay out of the class B to the south.  In fact the ceiling at my airport was 3600' MSL which is 2700 AGL.  I just stayed under the Class B.  

  I would suggest you ask for a reasonable area - and stay clear of the Class B.  Of course, each FSDO seems to make their own rules.  I recall that there is NO requirement for a 25 mile radius - that is just the general rule.  You can ask for more and ask for any shape.  A friend of mine has a Lancair ES.  He asked for a box which was defined by several airports (again to the north, east and west of CLT class B).  It was about 50 miles long by 20 miles wide.  He just wanted about a half dozen airports to work with.  The FSDO was just fine with that.

  Ronnie 

  ----- Original Message ----- 
    From: Douglas Holub 
    To: reflector at tvbf.org 
    Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 1:55 PM
    Subject: REFLECTOR: Phase I airport


    Do I need to be hangared at an airport out in the country to fly off my 40 hours?  For anybody in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, would the Grand Prarie airport be too urban?

    Doug Holub
    I see light at the end of the tunnel


----------------------------------------------------------------------------


    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw     Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070529/a2a0cffa/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list