REFLECTOR: Phase I airport

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 14:02:09 CDT 2007


Doug,

Legally speaking the local FSDO governing an airport
decides whether or not Phase 1 testing is allowed
there, not the DAR. Call them - it's either allowed or
not at that airport, it's not determined on a
case-by-case basis. 

I live in Los Angeles (based at WHP), and the local
FSDO doesn't allow phase 1 there. I had to trailer the
plane to an airport 40 miles away. 

Safety is another consideration. A long runway
surrounded by lots of flat land is worth about $1M the
first few hours. On the first couple flights, the
runway feels 1/4 is its actual length and the
surrounding structures appear 100X their size...

Pat

--- Douglas Holub <doug.holub at tx.rr.com> wrote:

> Do I need to be hangared at an airport out in the
> country to fly off my 40 hours?  For anybody in the
> Dallas/Ft. Worth area, would the Grand Prarie
> airport be too urban?
> 
> Doug Holub
> I see light at the end of the tunnel> 


      ____________________________________________________________________________________Shape Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel today!   http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7 




More information about the Reflector mailing list