REFLECTOR: Pitch Trim Alternatives
Andrew Ellzey
ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 08:28:17 CDT 2007
Joe,
I would move your attachment point to your slider to the center of the rod. The position that you have chosen will cock your slider and make it grab your through bolt instead of sliding on the bolt. See revised document.
Andy Ellzey
----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Ewen
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2007 4:12 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Pitch Trim Alternatives
I am looking into alternatives to the stock factory pitch trim. Due to installed instrumentation, I do not have room for the factory stock pitch trim spring. I was considering the Strong Pitch Trim, but due to 1 negative report and the fact that I have electronics installed in the keel that would interfere, I have been looking for alternatives. One idea I am considering is using a spring linkage driven by a servo motor. The servo would be autopilot grade (mechanics disengaged when power is off) and the linkage would have enough spring travel to facilitate full elevator travel in the event the servo was stuck in either extreme.
I am looking for comments and suggestions on the attached pdf as well as any other alternatives.
Thanks,
Joe
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070514/9e4ef9cf/attachment-0001.htm
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Trim Working revised.pdf
Type: application/pdf
Size: 48475 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070514/9e4ef9cf/attachment-0001.pdf
More information about the Reflector
mailing list