REFLECTOR: Odyssey Battery
John Tvedte
johnt at comp-sol.com
Wed May 9 17:09:26 CDT 2007
Chuck,
A B&C is a wound field starter - just like the inline high-torque Skytecs....
The internal resistance of the AGM PC680 is very low - so it can provide high currents.
I think you will find the combination of the B&C and PC680 (assuming #2 wire) will start your engine just fine. That said - I think one needs to take into account what Pat said about OAT being zero, etc.
Load analysis is what I suggest you think about - how much current are you drawing - during your mission - assuming IFR - and you have alternator failure... is 17Ah at that point enough.... capacity testing that battery? Notice that the Ah rating depends upon how fast of current draw - 20hr rate vs 100hr rate)
In my case, I'm using a dual battery setup - and can cross feed - so 2 PC680's.... 30.8lbs of battery....
I'm not flying -
John
XL-FG
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 4003 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070509/cbfae8b2/attachment-0001.bin
More information about the Reflector
mailing list