REFLECTOR: [SPAM] Re: main gear legs

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Sat Mar 31 15:13:03 CDT 2007


Wait, wait, wait.  Kurt - Are you really saying 40 knots of direct (90*) cross wind?  I can hardly imagine getting _any_ general aviation aircraft down in one piece with a 40* direct cross wind.
SB
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: NMFlyer1 at aol.com 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 9:21 PM
  Subject: [SPAM] Re: REFLECTOR: main gear legs


  Scott, 

  It's good to hear that you think the V is a good X-wind aircraft. Since for you and I in New Mexico, the wind is barely blowing until it gets over 30 knots.
   I was wodering how my learning curve was going to run on the V. I could easilly land the old C-150's and 172 in over 30 knots of crosswind, now in the Cherokee 235 I place the limit at 40.  My runway layout is N/S and the spring winds are usually from the west or southwest at about 50 on a bad day.  What have you run into on your V?  And, do you land it crabbed or in a slip? 

  I should have all my engine parts back soon and start reassembling the engine. I'll give you a call when I have it tweaked enough.  I plan on having a big burger burn at that point. 

  Kurt 





------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  See what's free at AOL.com. 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070331/9b60df19/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list