REFLECTOR: Tips

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at adelphia.net
Sat Jun 23 17:38:37 CDT 2007


No. I didn't think I would need it as I have about 300+ hours in a LongEZ but now I see that there is quite a difference. I will have to think about making the trip to Florida. I am in NY state. I think it is just a matter of practice. With my long I could hold the nose off half way down the runway but the forces are much lighter on that. Practice, practice, practice is the answer.

Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q
Olean, NY
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Scott Baker 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2007 4:14 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Tips


  Lou,
  Have you attended the Velocity flight transition training program at Sebastian?
  SB
    ----- Original Message ----- 
    From: Lou Stedman 
    To: Reflector Velocity 
    Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2007 1:11 PM
    Subject: REFLECTOR: Tips


    I need some advice from you Vel flying experts. I have about 12 hrs in my Vel and have yet to master a gentle landing with the nose. I come down final at about 80 kts over the fence and let it settle down to the runway at about 75kts. I do not do a flare. my mains touch down great but then my nose slams down. What am I doing wrong?

    Lou Stedman
    Velocity N7044Q
    Olean, NY


----------------------------------------------------------------------------


    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw     Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070623/5a4b7eb1/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list