REFLECTOR: Fuel gages, was Floaters

Sid Knox sbjknox at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 28 19:40:29 CDT 2007


Hi Chuck,

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Chuck Jensen" <cjensen at dts9000.com>    wrote

> With your one-gauge-serves-all, do you have sight gauges on the
> individual tanks so you can tell if one is feeding feeding uneven?
> Chuck Jensen

I have the optical refraction indicators on each sight gage.  The 
capacitance sensor is essentially on the left tank.  I have never 
experienced an uneven fuel usage between the two tanks so I trust the 
capacitance gage readout.  This does not guarantee that there will never be 
an unequal fuel flow situation and if it happens, there is a 50:50 chance 
that it will not show.  So, the cap gage and the EPI 800 are a definite 
convenience but actually turning around and looking at the sight gages is 
the only 100% sure method.
Some have reported installing various types of level sensors in the header 
tank and this sounds ok but one must realize that when that alarm activates, 
there is not a whole bunch of time left before things get real quiet.

Sid



More information about the Reflector mailing list