REFLECTOR: Floaters

Douglas Holub doug.holub at tx.rr.com
Sat Jul 28 09:01:17 CDT 2007


Thanks for the info. I found the red balls at www.fletchair.com. The new part number is 401129-5. It's in section 28 of their online catalog. Below it in the catalog is a seal with a hole in it (called "U-cup seal for AA1 fuel gauge") which might work well to keep the ball in the tube.

I hope to install my sight gauges next week. Attached is a picture of my fuel tank. I wanted to keep it simple so that it would be easy to seal. So I have only two fuel bulkheads, and I used 1" foam instead of 3/8" foam so that there would be plenty of room for lots of goop on the top edge.

Doug Holub
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: David Staten 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:47 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Floaters


  Fletcher's and Fletchair were bought by Wilson a year or two again. The number should work, but googling for fletcher's may be a dead end. 
  I'd met mister Fletcher several times in the past, and admired him for keepin the business up even into his 80's. 

  Dave

  PUSHERPILOT at wmconnect.com wrote: 
    Chuck, 
    I found the info on where I bought the red fuel balls: 

    Fletchair, Inc 
    9000 Randolph St 
    Houston, TX 77061 
    713  641- 2023 

    Part No 5407 4001 4097 0757 
    AA1 Fuel Float Ball 

    I think that these are for a Grumman A/C 

    This info is seven years old, but you can give it a try.  I installed wires to keep the ball from going out the top or bottom. 

    Good Luck, 
    Mel Bina 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070728/783ba9fa/attachment-0001.htm 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: FuelBulkheads.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 69914 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070728/783ba9fa/attachment-0001.jpg 


More information about the Reflector mailing list