REFLECTOR: Pressure testing oil cooling system

Ron Brown romott at roadrunner.com
Sun Jul 15 09:39:13 CDT 2007


I tested all of my flexible oil lines (fabricated from the factory Teflon 
supplies) using 160 psi air which was the normal working setting for the air 
compressor in the shop I was working in.  The pressure ratings for this 
system is up to 3000 psi.

Ronnie



----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Scott Derrick" <scott at tnstaafl.net>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2007 9:26 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Pressure testing oil cooling system


> I'm pressure testing my new oil lines and cooling system(two coolers).
>
> I ran it up to 90 psi a couple of hours ago to help chase down any
> leaks.   A friend of mine suggested 150 PSI  as a good final test
> pressure.   Does that sound about right?
>
> Scott
>
>
>
> -- 
>
> -
>    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much 
> liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
>
>    Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791. ME 8:276
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 



More information about the Reflector mailing list