REFLECTOR: Tips on stop drilling for cracks in the wind screen
Christopher Martin
christophercmartin at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 8 20:02:04 CDT 2007
Very wise Scott, the voice of experience. This is known as "Crossing Over In-To-The Never Ending Repair Zone" the repair project that turns it self into multiple repair projects each repair becoming the father of the next larger repair project. Correcting the crack becomes polishing the entire wind screen and then replacement and then... and then....
I agree with your observation and am humbled by your wisdom of perception.
Christopher Martin
christophercmartin at earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.
----- Original Message -----
From: Scott Derrick
To: christophercmartin at earthlink.net;Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Sent: 7/8/2007 3:25:08 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Tips on stop drilling for cracks in the wind screen
I think your idea of filling with sillycone is the best. trying to epoxy and polish a windscreen can turn into a never ending process.
Scott
Christopher Martin wrote:
Tom,
Thanks, another good method. I am going to get a piece of plex and try both
reverse drill method and red hot rod method. I am going to do all of the
existing 7 holes because one of them is exhibiting multiple cracks emerging
from it. Fortunately, they are mostly below the glare shield and not too
visible from the inside. I also think I will fill them with either silicon
or west systems clear epoxy and then polish when cured.
Chris
Christopher Martin
christophercmartin at earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.
[Original Message]
From: Tom <tomcat05 at comcast.net>
To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 7/8/2007 1:02:00 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Tips on stop drilling for cracks in the wind screen
Another method is to simply use the drill bit in reverse--it will not
grab and it will simply melt through. They sell special drill bits for
plexi with the edges filed off but the reverse method works fine. I had
replaced the windscreen in my Mooney with a one piece windscreen. Had to
drill about 50 holes through the plexi because it actually bolts on.
Reverse drill worked fine with no issues. Windscreen was still going
strong after 12 years when I sold the plane to a neighbor.
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
--
-
The antidote for misuse of freedom of speech is more freedom of speech.
Molly Ivans
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070708/42378e52/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list