REFLECTOR: Gear-up landing

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Jan 12 15:16:29 CST 2007


I think its foolish to not have a gear warning system.  A simple micro 
switch on the throttle will warn you 99% of the time if properly set.  

If hooked in line with your pitot pressure switch you can set it pretty 
high, say 1500/1600 rpm.  Mine rarely goes off when I'm descending, only 
when I've been slammed dunked by ATC or trying to recover an abnormally 
high pattern setup(pilot error)... 

Mine is not in my headset but can be easily heard with my Lightspeed ANR 
headset on.  I do like the idea of a voice alarm "Check Landing gear" or 
something like that.

But doing both your GUMPS and an "Over The Fence check for Gear lights" 
are the best defense....

Scott

> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-- 

-
    As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air however slight lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.

    William O. Douglas, Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court 




More information about the Reflector mailing list