REFLECTOR: Small gear doors

Jim & Sharon Beck jsbeck at charter.net
Tue Feb 6 23:50:51 CST 2007


Thanks Pat.
 Great picture and another great mod.
Jim
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Pat Shea" <xl340hp at yahoo.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2007 10:58 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Small gear doors


> Jim,
>
> I'm not sure this is in the online manual. If you
> can't find it let me know and I'll mail you copies
> from my original manual (circa 1996).
>
> I modified the design a little. I fabricated my small
> gear doors out of foam/fiberglass and made them fit
> flush with the fuselage when the gear is up. I believe
> my manual had them made of thin metal and overlap the
> outside fuselage skin when the gear is up.
>
> Photo attached. Note the "ramped" section that allows
> the smaller gear door to be mechanically held in place
> by the larger gear door when the gear is up and also
> allows the the gear doors to open freely when the gear
> is extended.
>
> The only part not shown is the photo is the small
> flanges inside the fuselage that the small gear doors
> rest against when the gear is up - they essentially
> don't let the small gear doors close past flush.
>
> Pat
>
> --- Jim & Sharon Beck <jsbeck at charter.net> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know which section of the online
>> builders manual covers the
>> fabrication & installation of the small upper gear
>> doors. My 173RG does not
>> have any and I would like to close that gap. I have
>> been looking through the
>> online manuals but cant find that section now that I
>> need it.
>> Thanks,
>> Jim
>> N29RP
>
>
>
>
>
> ____________________________________________________________________________________
> Need Mail bonding?
> Go to the Yahoo! Mail Q&A for great tips from Yahoo! Answers users.
> http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396546091


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 



More information about the Reflector mailing list