REFLECTOR: Small gear doors

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 5 00:58:29 CST 2007


Jim,

I'm not sure this is in the online manual. If you
can't find it let me know and I'll mail you copies
from my original manual (circa 1996). 

I modified the design a little. I fabricated my small
gear doors out of foam/fiberglass and made them fit
flush with the fuselage when the gear is up. I believe
my manual had them made of thin metal and overlap the
outside fuselage skin when the gear is up. 

Photo attached. Note the "ramped" section that allows
the smaller gear door to be mechanically held in place
by the larger gear door when the gear is up and also
allows the the gear doors to open freely when the gear
is extended.

The only part not shown is the photo is the small
flanges inside the fuselage that the small gear doors
rest against when the gear is up - they essentially
don't let the small gear doors close past flush.

Pat  

--- Jim & Sharon Beck <jsbeck at charter.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know which section of the online
> builders manual covers the 
> fabrication & installation of the small upper gear
> doors. My 173RG does not 
> have any and I would like to close that gap. I have
> been looking through the 
> online manuals but cant find that section now that I
> need it.
> Thanks,
> Jim
> N29RP




 
____________________________________________________________________________________
Need Mail bonding?
Go to the Yahoo! Mail Q&A for great tips from Yahoo! Answers users.
http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid96546091
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smallgeardoor.JPG
Type: image/pjpeg
Size: 92597 bytes
Desc: pat1467297128
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070204/deaa8d21/attachment-0001.bin 


More information about the Reflector mailing list