REFLECTOR: Manuevers

Kevin Baker flykb at verizon.net
Tue Feb 6 23:00:25 CST 2007


Hi Terry,
Sounds good.
Whatever the factory says I would take to heart.....  they are the 
ones that would know.
:-)

Thanks,
Kevin Baker

At 10:44 AM 2/6/2007, Terry Miles wrote:
>Kev,
>I have more to learn, but my understanding is the airplane is more 
>than capable of normal aerobatics, with some exceptions regards 
>airshow like hammerheads.  It is my understanding that the airplane 
>is capable of say Cuban eights, or this is the factory position when 
>asked.  It is my intention to learn more on this topic, but I 
>planning on mild aerobatic maneuvers after some refresher training.
>Terry
>
>
>----------
>From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] 
>On Behalf Of Kevin Baker
>Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 10:53 AM
>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list; Velocity Aircraft 
>Owners and Builders list
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Manuevers
>
>Hi All,
>No aerobatics at all.
>Some folks have tried and lost their lives.
> From what I remember, on example is a guy that tried to do hammer 
> heads and (the plane is not designed for this) and was unable to 
> recover as he stalled both the wing and canard (no no). The 
> velocity has the engine weight in the rear.....
>
>Anyway.... I know the the stance is NO AEROBATICS !!
>
>Kevin
>
>At 07:02 AM 2/6/2007, Joe Ewen wrote:
>
>Hi Hal,
>
>Definitely no on the Hammer Heads.  Hammer Heads require yaw from 
>the rudder to recover.  With the Velo's differential rudders, both 
>rudders will deflect in the tail slide and not provide enough yaw 
>either way to effect  a recovery.  If my memory is serving me, I 
>read about someone who lost their life trying a Hammer Head in a Velocity.
>
>The Split S can probably be done (opinion) if modified slightly to 
>avoid zero or negative Gs (gravity fuel feed.)
>Joe
>----- Original Message -----
>From: <mailto:h.smith61 at verizon.net>Hal Smith
>To: <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 8:28 PM
>Subject: REFLECTOR: Manuevers
>Hi all,
>
>I don't put much out here but I have a question someone might be 
>able to answer.
>
>I am building an XLRG and I was wondering if the plane can do 
>maneuvers like a split S and hammerheads?  Has anyone tried these 
>and if so what was the out come?  How much altitude was lost and did 
>the plane perform alright?
>
>Hal Smith
>
>----------
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>No virus found in this incoming message.
>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>Version: 7.5.432 / Virus Database: 268.17.26/670 - Release Date: 
>2/5/2007 2:04 PM
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>No virus found in this incoming message.
>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>Version: 7.5.432 / Virus Database: 268.17.28/672 - Release Date: 
>2/6/2007 10:22 AM
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070206/f9457b45/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list