REFLECTOR: Stick Force

Joe Ewen Jewen at comporium.net
Mon Dec 17 22:35:30 CST 2007


Hi Keith,

I researched Alex's system - at the time 2 were installed in Velocities.  One was successful (Dave) the other was not successful (and Alex could get it to function properly) so I shied away from the strong pitch trim.  I also have installed some electrical devices (relay boards) that would interfere.  I can move them if required, was just trying an approach that would not require redoing any completed work.

Thanks,
Joe


  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Keith Hallsten 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 11:03 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Stick Force


  Joe,

   

  If the original ? trim spring won't fit, how about Alex Strong's system?  See http://mysite.verizon.net/res80xp0/strongvelocitypitchtrim/

   

  Keith

   

   


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Joe Ewen
  Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 4:06 PM
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Stick Force

   

  Has anyone measured the force on the control stick in flight?  If not does anyone have an estimate on the force the trim spring applies or the force required to make a control deflection.  I can not use the factory trim spring, there is no room left behind the panel for it.  I think I have a concept that will work, I just need to calculate the spring force and rate.  All help is appreciated.

   

  Thanks,

  Joe



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071217/aecd18fa/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list