REFLECTOR: Incident/Accident

Christopher Barber CBarber at TexasAttorney.net
Tue Aug 21 11:18:44 CDT 2007


Re: REFLECTOR: Incident/AccidentNot that my vote counts, but I really hope
you don't part it out.  Just seems to "dishonor" the plane.  Yeah, kinda
silly.  When I visited Dallas Aircraft Salvage over Thanksgiving it broke my
heart to see all the airplanes striped to a sum of there former glory.  I
know the parts went to good service, but still, it was a bit sad.  That
being said, if you have not been to an aviation salvage yard, it is worth
the time....sad, but enlighten.

I am not thinking that the difference in money is the big issue with you.
You are after all a successful and very entertaining radio host.  It is just
such a pity the ones close to you do not get the experimental aviation
thrill.

I hope you are not considering parting it out due to potential liability.
This is NOT legal advice, even though I am a lawyer, but I have always felt
this is overblown in the spectrum of real risk.  Of course, that is just my
opinion, I could be wrong <g> (you would seem to have deep pockets to many
plaintiff types....if you have not done proper planning....can't imagine
that though ;-)

If you like, you can donate it to my EAA chapter.  Chapter 12, Houston.  I
think Houston is a good market for ya...or was, I will be happy to continue
to use it to promote your show.  OR, you could transfer it to another
business structure to promote your show and write it off, if you have not
done so already.  "Solving consumer complaints with Velocity......."  <g>

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber
Attorney and Counselor at Law
5110 Bissonnet, No 418
Bellaire, Texas 77401

Serving the Needs of Senior Texans through
Planning with Purpose

281-464-LAWS (5297)
281-754-4168 Fax
www.TexasAttorney.net

  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Tom Martino
  Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 8:40 AM
  To: Velocity List
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Incident/Accident


  Mack,

  Upon closer examination ... The prop was not in full pitch ... It was
about half-pitch between flat and full.

  By the way ... Could you tell me how that oil pump AD came into being?
Was there imminent threat of failure?  Low oil pressure?  High pressure?

  From what we can tell ... The engine was not starved of oil ...  But went
from 2700 RPM down to around 500 RPM in a few seconds.

  Tom


  On 8/19/07 9:45 AM, "MMurp16900 at aol.com" <MMurp16900 at aol.com> wrote:


    HI Dave
    I agree with all of your statements as  why toms prop went in to high
pitch.
    I think my M.T prop is set up for High governor pressure high pitch? We
are unsure how toms prop was set up.If it was set up for low pressure
feather then I think about The front main barring turning in the engine case
or the engine oil pump.AD not complied with.
    Regards
     Mack




----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com
<http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour/?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000982> .


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070821/94c90c13/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list