REFLECTOR: Fuel strake baffles templates

Andrew Ellzey ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 22:24:32 CDT 2007


Ronnie,

I started today making the plywood templates and I agree this is the easiest way to get a good fit the first time. I have the two largest boards already completed and fitted and found that the patterns that came with the kit were to large and would have taken a lot of work to make them fit. (Better to large than to small) Your method is much faster and when I cut my foam to match my patterns they should fit the first time.

Thanks,

Andy
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Ron Brown 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 3:21 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel strake baffles templates


  Hi Andy,

  Since you are building an RG, I suggest you try the method that I found worked very well - very accurate bulkheads and baffles:

  http://home.sprintmail.com/~romott/page24.html

  I also did the top flanges which worked very well - NO LEAKS!!!!

  Fun, fun, fun!!!!

  Ronnie
    ----- Original Message ----- 
    From: Andrew Ellzey 
    To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
    Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 2:40 PM
    Subject: REFLECTOR: Fuel strake baffles templates


    To All,

    I am starting my fuel strakes and I am ready to start cutting out my baffles from my 4 X 8 sheet of blue foam with the bid applied to both sides. My question is, was the patterns that came from Velocity close to the correct size or do I need to make cardboard patterns to check the fit before I make the final size cut from my full sheet of foam. I know from watching the posts over the last year and a half that most everyone made the cardboard patterns before cutting their final baffles. I also know that a lot of builders added the extra flanges to assure a good bond to the top strake, which I am also considering. What I guess I am asking is how much difference was there from the original pattern, and if there were differences was the original patterned baffle larger than the final baffle size that was installed? 

    Andy Ellzey


----------------------------------------------------------------------------


    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw     Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070405/00290aac/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list